Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happiness is...Mikayla Mae!


We had our little girl!!!!!!
Meet our dear little addition, our beautiful Mikayla Mae Hancock. She was born at 3:13 p.m. on Sunday Jan. 24, 2010. She was 8 lbs. 3 ounces, 19 3/4 inches long and just perfect in every way. Her mamma, Meagan, did just marvelous! Her water broke around 8:00 a.m. that morning and then she labored for seven hours before our little gal was here! They are both doing just great.
Our brand new little family!
Mikayla with her Mommy
Mikayla with her Daddy
Meagan taking care of her brand new little girl
UA fan right from the get go. Go Cats!
Sleepy girl

The labor and delivery nurses worked with Meagan last summer during her externship and just loved her. They went all out making sure we had a great room, and then had it all decorated for her when we got there. They said Meagan was one of their own so they went all out to make sure it was a really great experience for us... and it really was.
Mikayla with her Mammy and Pappy (Hancock). She is their first granddaughter and the first girl to be born in my Mom's family for almost twenty years.
Mikayla with her Big Grandad and Nanny Jill (Wilson). She is their first grandbaby, and so their grandparent names are still trying to be discovered.
Mommy and Mikayla getting ready to go home.
A little time for Daddy with his girl
Our little lady in her going home outfit
Mikayla made it home!!! Yeah!!!!!

11 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy for you both! She is so precious and I love the name you chose! I hope things continue to go well.

Sarah W. said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations Mom and Dad! I am so happy for you!

Megan said...

Mikayla is so adorable! Congrats, and so glad to hear that everything went so well! Weird thing is I was thinking about you guys on Sunday wondering how everything was going.

DawnSheree said...

Yeah! I'm so excited. You guys take way better pictures than I ever did. I'm so jealous. I love her little noises...all the time.

Lindsey said...

Meagan, You do not look like you just had a baby! You look great in all those pictures. Congrats! We hope to meet Mikayla soon.

Duckie said...

I love it!!!! Thanks for telling me to get on so I could see pictures. Britt and I think she's absolutely BEAUTIFUL (and we're a little more reserved with that word since Emilee)! We love the name, too. Take care all three of you!!! Let me know when you need a nap, Mommy! ;)

Jael said...

YAAYYY!!! She is beautiful guys, I'm so happy for you.

Danielle said...

She is adorable! Congrats and enjoy every minute. You guys look so happy. Her name is perfect. And I love the head band!!! I hear you have a bunch :o) Give her loves from us.

Cheryl said...

We are SO excited for you guys!! She is so beautiful and we wish that we could be there to cuddle with her! :-)
Seeing her has made us so much more anxious for our little guy!
I have to say that January is a great month to be born in! I am proud to share the month with little Mikayla! Love you guys!!!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Megan & Dustin,
She is absoultly beautiful! Congrats! Enjoy and treasure every minute with her she will grow in a blink of an eye..so don't blink :)
Love,
The Moores

Olivia A. said...

Hello Hancock Fam,

Congratulations! Mikayla is absolutely gorgeous and even better, she's a healthy little girl. We wish you all much happiness and wonderful memories to come.

-Olivia & Derek