Monday, August 23, 2010
Picture Dump
Life has been a bit hectic lately and I haven't had much time to post, but I figured that I'd add some pictures from the last few weeks to satisfy the grandmas that keep asking when I'm going to put more pictures up again. ;) I know they don't mean pictures of Dustin and I, so here is an overload of Mikayla pictures from over the last few weeks. She has been more and more fun lately. Her smile is just amazing! It makes us so happy! It seems like in the last week or so she has "grown-up" and seems more like a little girl than a baby. She has found discovered her voice in the last couple of weeks and screams/squeals/talks SO loud ALL the time. Way fun! At her six month check-up she was only 12 lbs 6 oz so the doctor has us feeding her a ton of formula and baby food to fatten her up. At a check-up 2 weeks later she was up to 14 lbs. and she has only gotten chunkier in the last two weeks. It is so weird to have a chunky food lovin' kid all of a sudden, but she is sure fat and happy! She'll be 7 months tomorrow!

I can't figure out how to do this blogger stuff so the most recent are first. I can't seem to move the pictures, but the first picture is of her new stylish sunglasses with a strap to keep them on. They make her look like she is blind, but she loves them and it keeps them on. They are awesome! The second picture is our "Purple People Eaters" picture...thanks to my Mom for our matching purple shirts and Nonna for Mikayla's adorable dress!
We are now staying in an apartment above Dustin's parent's barn for a while because Dustin's "Summer" job with the Coronado National Memorial finally started and we are enjoying time at Mammy and Pappy's house.
Mikayla started sitting up last Wednesday! She thinks she is so cool when she sits up, but it requires major concentration on her part. She spreads her legs super far apart and stick her bottom out really far to balance herself.
Mikayla finally got to meet her Grandma Hancock for the first time last week...
Bath time with the cousins! Mikayla loved Mammy's huge tub and getting to play with Garth and Colt. She squealed the whole time to make sure she was not being ignored.
Dustin, Mikayla and I took a quick vacation to Pinetop for a job Dustin had at the Snowflake Temple and while we were there we stopped by a boutique that had tons of tutus and bows. Mikayla fell in LOVE with them and would get so excited every time she saw a tutu and had the hugest smile on her face. She is such a girl! When we came home, Nanny Jill had this surprise for her. It is so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
so cute! I love her smile too! I can't believe our little babies are getting so big! Yeah for Mikayla for packing on the weight! That's awesome!
And yeah for her sitting up on her own! I can't wait for Lincoln to do it. He is getting super close though!
She is so precious! We miss you guys! When are you coming to New England?! ;)
Thanks for the pictures. I love all the random ones and the cute out fits that I have never seen. I am very glad that she is doing so well on her new regimin. It was fun to squeeze and smooch her. Thanks to Mikayla my boys have started fake coughing too. :) I love the coloring difference in the tub picture. So funny.
I love the pictures, Meagan! What a cutie. It gets better and better as they grow up, too. Enjoy each stage.
Oh I love you I love you I love you... ALL! Best summer EVER ;)
Post a Comment