Friday, October 26, 2012

Christmas in October

On the Kartchner side we have a reunion every year called "Christmas in October".  We get together and eat tons of good food (among lots of other great activities, but let's be real-I love food) and enjoy each other's company for a day.  It's fantastic.  It's seriously one of my absolute favorite days of the year.

This year Christmas in October was on Beson's Butterfield Days so we got to enjoy a parade in the morning.  Benson's finest quality of a parade I might add.
After the parade we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house where we got to watch them make ice cream in a 6 gallon ice cream maker!  It used to be hand-churn, but has since been promoted to electric.  Pretty cool!
I'm afraid I didn't get a great picture of the ice cream maker, but I had to giggle at how the crowd got bigger and bigger as the ice cream got closer to being done...
because taste testing is a tradition!
Then to the pond for the rest of the festivities!
Homemade rootbeer makes its appearance every year.
Sugar cookies!
Hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, chips!  Check out the view of the pond in the background.  Beautiful!
We always have a service project and this year we tied fleece blankets and put together some care packages for kids.
Bless Maylee's heart-she took a several hour nap in her stroller in the middle of all the activities.
Digging for coins in the sand pile-courtesy of Grandpa!
The cousins all do a gift exchange.  Mikayla was elated about her present.  She got pads of paper, sticky notes, stickers, tape, and some pattern blocks.  Our house has been very nicely decorated in all of it.  She's having the time of her life!
I guess I didn't get any pictures of the white elephant gift exchange, but I traded my cousin after the exchange for the beautiful outfit I wore for my Halloween costume!  It was quite the score!
S 'mores afternoon snack-see I told you we like to EAT!
The pinata.
Maylee calling it a night on Grandma while everyone was doing sparklers.
Mom cuddling her girls after a fabulous day of fun!





No comments: