Let it go. I have been trying to make that my motto when it comes to being a wife and mom. I am a perfectionist by nature. I constantly strive for perfection. A clean house, a well planned routine, kids with matching clothes, a tasty dinner on the table, a perfectly crisp picture, well behaved kids, the list could go on and on...those things are important to me. It's just me-I like things done and I like them done right. As a mom many of those things are impossible to accomplish all the time. I've had to learn to LET IT GO. Maybe I should saying I'm LEARNING to let it go. It's okay. It really is. You see, the thing that made me decide that it's okay to let it go is that at the end of the day my family goes to sleep happy. They are loved and they love back. Not much else is really important to me.
We strive for the best, yes. We strive for the best in the things that matter most. I'm learning to stop beating myself up for letting the rest go. Really, not many of those things really matter in the big picture anyway.
I saw this picture the other day and it was perfect for me.

Let it go and let God take control.
In other words...

No comments:
Post a Comment