Saturday, January 19, 2013

Life Lately

Between several weeks of sick kids, a wedding and a mission farewell I feel like we've barely had time to breathe.  Luckily life is starting to normalize again and I am uncovering our floor one mess at a time.  It's good to be back in the swing of things.  Here are some picture updates, in totally random order. 

Sick days.
The girls got this awful cold/cough that would not go away for anything.  It lasted over 3 weeks.  We spent a lot of days on the couch watching movies.  Mikayla's friend you see there is Deb, the mannequin that she got for Christmas.  Our lives will never been the same since Deb joined us.
Junk makes everyone feel better, right? 
I've seen more Merida, Rapunzel and Afro Circus than I care to in a lifetime in the past few weeks!
Asleep on the tractor.  Being sick wears a girl out!
Tears and jammies.  That pretty much sums up the last 3 weeks.  Oh, you could probably add throw-up and cuddles in there, too.
Our happy Maylee before being hit with the plague!
There it is!  The snotty nose and cough hit Maylee, too.  She also learned how to twist her tongue and she is super proud of herself for that one!

Solids.
Maylee's other favorite trick is blowing raspberries.  For some reason she feels the need to blow raspberries and try to pop every vein in her head each time we stick a bite of food in her mouth.  It is quite disgusting.
Say it don't spray it, sister!
Totally proud of her handiwork.  See the spots all over the table?

Tea Party!
Check out Mikayla's admiring eyes.  She sure loves her Dad!
We told Mikayla "Rapunzel-let down your hair!" and she asked "Which one my long hair or my short hair?"
Mikayla's been insisting we all wear wings and run around the house leaping with her to "fly".

Junk.
Oh-have I mentioned Mikayla's love for junk a time or two?  Maylee profits greatly from Mikayla's junk piles.  They entertain her for forever.  I freak out about the choking issue quite often.

Uncle Dillon left on his mission!

Hollywood.
You mean to tell me not everyone dresses up to get their mail?

Date night.
Mikayla decided she was going to plan "date time" for her Dad last night.  The agenda was all her idea and she spent all day planning it.  It went like this.  Beauty shop, rides outside (a random addition), pizza for dinner, brownies, movie, popcorn (patoom).  Dustin was a good sport.
Setting up shop.  The sign behind her says "Beauty Shop" in case you were curious.
Maylee was a big helper, too.
Dad got lotion, a back scratch and his hair brushed at the beauty shop.  Lucky guy!
"Dad!  Wanna take a picture with my friends?"
Next up on the date-road trip.  Buckle your seat belts because Maylee's driving!
It's been nuts, but it's been a fun ride, too.  Pictures help me remember that, which is why I take so many!




3 comments:

Maren Lee said...

I love you and your crazy lives. I think they are well represented by mikayla's outfits! :D

Megan said...

Mikayla is so proud to be her daddy's little girl! I love it! Your family is so cute! :)

DawnSheree said...

Meagan, I need to remember to document all of the unposed craziness. I really was flabbergasted and have a new found respect for you and Mikayla's junk piles. You are an amazing mom! PS- That is awesome photography of Maylee's spitting peas, you really captured amazing things. I love it!