Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Naptime

My girls have this amazing ability to wake up exactly when the other falls asleep.  I don't know how it's possible, but they are experts!  I've been trying really hard to not get frustrated that I never get anything done and try to enjoy the one-on-one time instead.  After all, they only want to build blanket houses (forts) and play pat-a-cake with me for so long so I'd better embrace it!

Maylee and I had fun taking pictures after she woke up from her nap (which for the record was roughly 3 minutes after Mikayla fell asleep).

This is Maylee's goofy new face.  She does it when she is trying to be funny or is pleased with something.  It makes me giggle every time.

In case you're wondering about Maylee's fashion designer her name is Mikayla.  She's great.  Call her up-you won't be disappointed!

I found this article the other day that I fell in love with.  It really puts into words my feelings about taking pictures (and why I take so many...and plaster them all over my house).

This was my favorite part: 

"Photographs can change your moods.  Alter your perspective. Remind you how things really are and WHO people really are.  They can make you feel and see truth.


Do you print and display (them) in your home so those moments can work their magic in your very average day?

Your hard drive is waiting for you.  There’s magic that needs to be released.

Your family will thank you.
You’ll be a nicer person.
And make the world a better place.
Who knew such power existed in a small piece of paper?"

Here is the link to the whole article.  I loved it and would totally recommend reading it!


5 comments:

Megan said...

Isn't that the worst?! And because I always had a child sleeping the only time I could go out was first thing in the morning before most stores were open.

The good news is that they started napping at the same time. The bad news is that they don't sleep well together, and now Oliver is cutting out naps completely. Now we've instituted 1.5 hours of "reading" time, and it's working like magic. Just in case you need that in your arsenal when you (and Mikayla) need a break for the day.

Maylee is way too cute! And I totally need to print more...

Unknown said...

I love your passion for photography! Funny girls!

Lindsey said...

I love Maylee's face in that squishy ball! So cute! And I just barely printed some family photos just a couple of days ago. Hard copies are always better than digital files! I can't wait to display them.

Maren Lee said...

I was wondering if Mikayla was involved when I saw Maylee's hip zebra pants! It is so fun to witness your cute girls EXPLODE with personality!

Maren Lee said...

Oh. And your pictures always help me remember what is most important and make me HAPPY!