Thursday, June 27, 2013

Maylee is 1!

We celebrated Maylee's birthday on Monday (a couple days early) since Dustin had mutual on Wednesday and so family could come celebrate with us.
Her morning started off with pancakes, strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.  She was so excited she couldn't even wait for us to stop singing to dig right in.  Then the silly girl decided to pinch the flame on her candle!  I don't know how she did it, but she totally pinched it and the flame didn't even go out!
I got this crazy idea to try and take a few one year-old shots that morning.  Maylee wouldn't smile for anything!  I should have known better.
How's this one for a winner?
Her favorite things-a binky and her blankie.

While she was taking a nap I got yet another crazy idea of taking pictures of her with our birthday wreath and that one turned out successful!  She thought she was the coolest thing ever sitting on the couch with a wreath.  I got a smile and she got to destroy my wreath.  We were both happy.
The girls took it easy for most of the day since they'd been sick with colds and I really wanted them to have some energy for the party later on.  Once family got here the girls didn't waste any time to go swimming.  Maylee did what Maylee does best and crawled right out of the pool to go and find some dirt to play in.
At least the other girls had fun swimming for a bit.
For her awesome birthday dinner Maylee had a hot dog bun and watermelon surrounded by lots of family at the kid's table.  Some day we will get her to eat something besides fruit and some carbs!

She was spoiled with lots of presents and had lots of helpers to help her open them, but she didn't seem to mind.

Next up was cake and I thought for sure she'd dig in because she likes to make messes, if nothing else, but she proved me wrong.  She just sat and stared at the cake until I finally dug her hand in it to pull out a bite.  Even then, she had that handful and that was it.  I was totally surprised.
Maylee is so much fun.  I don't know how she can be so quirky and hilarious when she doesn't even talk, but man, she's got a lot of personality!

She is now 23 pounds 12 ounces and 31 inches long.  I can't believe how big she is getting!  We love our Belle Belle!

Happy birthday, Maylee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all love Bola Bola. Great capture of the events. I love the nose bubble the most.