I get frustrated sometimes with all the perfectionism that appears in the blogging/Pinterest world. While I love to read crafty blogs and dream of organizing and making over my house I wonder how these moms really do it all. Can their lives really be as perfect as they make it appear? It got me wondering what people think after reading our blog. I tend to blog about the happy things because that's what makes me happy, but life is not always picture perfect and I keep feeling like I need to write out some of my thoughts. That being said-my life is perfect to me. I love the life I live. Perfect, though, is different for me than it probably is for most people. My idea of perfect has drastically changed since Daxton was born and I am sure it will change again and again over the years of raising a family. Here is a glimpse of my perfect, happy life.
I have the cutest little girls on the planet...that don't have their hair done or matching outfits most days. Mikayla picks out their outfits and it's always a gamble of what you're gonna get. Maylee's nose is constantly runny, they are always covered in dirt, PB&J has become their lifeline, their shoes are on the wrong feet more often than not...and guess what? They are happy.
Daxton is a hard baby. The poor little guy has awful tummy trouble and has been in pain much of the time. Because of that he doesn't sleep much and cries when he is put down. Some nights I would celebrate a half an hour stretch of sleep because that meant he wasn't crying for half an hour. The grand part is that Dustin is willing to help me out a ton. I have an awesome Mom that took him to her house one night so we could sleep. We have friends that have offered so many suggestions to help him out and I think we are on the upswing and have found something that is working for him. The last two nights we've had several 2.5 hour stretches of sleep and he has been calm and content for two days. Heaven. Despite it all, I couldn't adore him anymore.
Having a clean (picked up) house is important to me, but that is impossible right now. I've let that go. If you can see any part of the floor on any given day I count that as success.
Homemade dinner just isn't gonna happen. Freezer meals are saving us big time. No one is hurting from that, either.
We are that crew that everyone stares at in the store. Kids climbing all over the cart, groceries falling on the floor, baby crying, toddler pulling everything off the shelves faster than I can put it back, stinky diapers that are just going to have to wait, and getting nasty stares from all the people who seem to have forgotten what it's like to take 3 kids 4 and under to the store by yourself. But, I am learning to ignore it all and we are getting out.
And church? We are no longer the quiet bench and I don't think we ever will be again! We make it there each week, though.
Extras? What's that? The necessities get done most of the time and nothing more. Someday, but not today.
We are that crew that everyone stares at in the store. Kids climbing all over the cart, groceries falling on the floor, baby crying, toddler pulling everything off the shelves faster than I can put it back, stinky diapers that are just going to have to wait, and getting nasty stares from all the people who seem to have forgotten what it's like to take 3 kids 4 and under to the store by yourself. But, I am learning to ignore it all and we are getting out.
And church? We are no longer the quiet bench and I don't think we ever will be again! We make it there each week, though.
Extras? What's that? The necessities get done most of the time and nothing more. Someday, but not today.
Dustin and I haven't slept in weeks and our eyes show evidence of that. Both of us have been asked and no, we aren't sick. We are just raising a family. We are building a home. We are exhausted, but we are happy. We have been blessed with three of the most precious kiddos ever. We are in love and life is good. Perfect? No. Perfect for us? Yes.

4 comments:
Wow- can I just copy and paste this and say ditto!!! I love it!! You summed up our life perfectly! :) Sorry Daxton is a little tricky- I've come to believe if you plan on having a handful of kids you can def count on having a tricky one here and there :) Good thing you have such a good husband and parents to help- but i know it's so tiring and hard days. Hang in there and just know you are not alone!! :)
LOVE YOU MEAG!
Wow! You really had me fooled this whole time.
Do you remember I used to tell you guys, "Normal is for everyone else!?"
Thanks Meag:) Sure think you're special.
Post a Comment