Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Preschool

Missy Mae finally started preschool!  It was a tough decision where to put her into preschool, but we settled on one a lady in our ward is doing in our neighborhood.  There are only two other kids in the class, but I think the extra one-on-one time will be a good thing for her.  Plus, it takes 5 minutes to drive there, drop her off and drive home.

We all know Mikayla wishes I could wake up right away (like Grandad does when she spends the night at their house), but it seems to be an impossible task for me.  After she wished me a "happy first day of preschool" and tossed and turned next to me in our bed for a while at 5:30 this morning I sent she and Maylee out to play for a bit while I tried to wake up.  When I headed out to the family room Mikayla had her outfit laid out and had her backpack packed.  She was EXCITED!!!  I felt a tiny bit guilty for not being rearing to go like she was, but tried to tell myself that I am still an acceptable Mom considering I stayed up until almost midnight washing the shirt she needed for the dress she wanted to wear on the first day, hence the reason I was slow getting started.  She outsmarted me on that one, though, and declared she was wearing a sweater over her dress instead.  Good intentions, I guess.
She got to choose the first day of school breakfast and decided on pancakes with peanut butter, syrup, chocolate (Nutella), raspberries, and sprinkles.  After breakfast she fancied right up and we waited and waited for the clock to hit any where close to 9 before we could leave. 

I dropped her off and she walked in, never looked back and never said goodbye.  She reports she had a great time and that she didn't talk much to the other kids, but "chatted away" with her teacher.  No doubt that teacher is going to know way more than she cares to about our family in no time!
She picked out her own ensemble, of course.
They were given this little white sack to decorate and fill with four things that told about them to share on the first day.  Mikayla chose Bear Bear, lip gloss (because she likes being a princess), a book, and a play ice cream (because she likes to bake and eat desserts).
Preschool open house pictures from yesterday:
She is loving her new totally rad tennis shoes!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sure do love that girl! It's hard to believe she is already in pre-school. Where did time go?