Monday, November 24, 2014

Remembering

It's funny how certain "things" make you remember someone.  Lali, my Dad's receptionist, passed away a while ago, but she crocheted this hat for Mikayla before getting sick. Maylee slipped on the hat the other morning before going outside and a flood of memories came back.  Lali was an exceptional lady.  She was kind to everyone and everyone she met was family.  Sometimes I wonder how a person could be so happy, so kind and love everyone unconditionally ALL the time, but she did.  Lali is greatly missed.  She was the "face" of my Dad's office for many many years and she was wonderful.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for people who are good examples to me of Christlike love.  I aspire to be like these people because they bring me closer to my Savior.  People like Lali show me what pure love is and I am grateful for a chance to get to know my Savior better through them.  I am so grateful for those who love me unconditionally, just as He would.
Mikayla January 2012 
(Lali added more onto the hat after seeing this picture and realizing our kids have HUGE heads!)
Maylee November 2014


2 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss Lali every day. thanks for the post.

Jill said...

Thanks for remembering sweet Lali. I think about her so often and also am grateful for the great example she was to me. Oh how I miss her!