I think Santa's helpers might be on the naughty list this year. They were super stingy and only let you take 2 pictures with Santa. Now, I can understand 2 pictures per kid or something, but 2 total seems a little ridiculous, especially when you have 3 kids. Luckily Maylee and Daxton had no interest in sitting on Santa's lap so we were able to grab a family picture for our second prime shot. Seriously people?! Mikayla had been looking forward to seeing Santa for a long time and waited very {un}patiently while her siblings got over their sicknesses before getting to see him. Luckily, the mind of a 4 year-old is different than her Mom's and she enjoyed the experience greatly. As for next year, jolly 'ol Santa's helpers-you can count on me turning off my flash so you have no idea how many pictures I'm taking and I will be taking a picture of each of my kids with the Big Man!
Mikayla wanted to wear her fancy Christmas dress to meet Santa and that's what we did. During primary she told her teachers that she was going to see the "real" Santa. We had talked about how sometimes the "real" Santa goes to malls and sometimes he sends helpers and you never know who you're going to get. She was pretty thrilled when he was the real deal. She asked for a dollie from Santa. In the letter she wrote/drew for Santa this is what she asked for (I made the mistake of limiting how much she asked for last year and then Santa was bound to find the diamond ring she asked for. This year we gave Santa lots of choices to choose from.):
After seeing Santa Mikayla talked my Mom into going and checking out the $1 jewelry store. A girl's dream come true.
Maylee had no interest in taking a picture or participating. Maybe next year.
Maylee told Maren on the way home that she wanted Santa to bring her a dump truck, peanut butter and jelly, candy, and ribbon.










2 comments:
Great FHE activity! Definitely an angry elf at the collection desk.
Only TWO pictures??? Are you kidding me?? Well you got two adorable ones! And it's so true- I feel like our lives pattern after each other!!! I love it!! Except you are who I want to be like! I follow your blog to learn from you, haha. And want my pictures to look like yours!!! :)
Post a Comment