Our ward had a pinewood derby for our last ward party. Dustin made cars with the girls and they had so much fun doing it! Mikayla wanted to make a Fancy Nancy "posh limosine" and Maylee wanted to make an Amelia Bedelia car. I kind of giggled because both of their car preferences fits their personalities perfectly.
The night of the race the girls were so excited to watch their cars race. Mikayla won a couple and I don't think Maylee won any, but it didn't matter. Each time their car would hit the finish line they would cheer and clap like crazy and we would throw our own little family celebration. They loved it. After the races were all over the men let the kids race randomly and Mikayla jumped right in with all the older boys who were racing. She would kind of shove her way right in and stick her car on the ramp. We were proud of her for standing up for herself and jumping in! That is huge progress for her. She beat a lot of the boys, too!
When we got home that night I got a text from a friend and it was just what I needed to hear after a couple of tough weeks. I am including in this post so I can remember it on hard days...
"I was watching your sweet family tonight and it brought the biggest smile to my face and warmed my heart so much! You have the most beautiful family and are such amazing parents. Seeing Dustin and you so excited for your girls as they raced and seeing Maylee and Mikayla jump up and down and be so excited was the cutest. Your kids are all so stinking cute and well behaved!! I just adore you guys and love watching your family grow! You're doing such an amazing job as parents and your kids have the cutest personalities. I LOVE that you let your kids be who they are and encourage that!! Thanks for being so awesome!!"
Dressed and ready for the party!
Photographer in the making!
















1 comment:
Love love love you all.
Grandad
Post a Comment