Saturday, December 12, 2009

You Don't Have to Worry About Snow in AZ...

I was on the phone with a company the other day who was explaining to me UPS shipping policies. He went on to say that UPS would never leave a package in the rain or snow, then proceeded to say, "I guess you never have to worry about snow in Arizona, though". I kind of laughed as I was looking out the window at this:



Dustin and I decided to take a little mini vacation up to my parent's cabin in Pinetop, AZ and we seem to have impeccable timing as we ran into this huge snow storm. The same thing happened to us last year when we went on vacation up there, too. Anyway, we got 18" of snow from Sunday morning when we got there to Monday night. It was craziness! All I can say is that I LOVE snow plows and husbands that are willing to dig our car out of a driveway with 18" of snow on it and that I HATE icy roads. They are awful. They scare me to death. I informed Dustin that he better find a job somewhere close to home because I will die if I have to live in the snow all the time! We did have a great time being snowed in and being lazy for a few days, though! Lots of yummy hot chocolate!

There was this huge icicle outside the cabin (well, huge if you live in AZ) and Dustin decided to measure it...5 feet 9 inches! It was SO pretty, though. These pictures don't do it justice at all.


Dustin just had to build a snowman, but the snow wouldn't pack well so he had to rescue round chunks of snow after the snow plow finally came through to start his snowman. Notice that it's a replica of himself, complete with spiky hair and everything!

In other random news, a couple of weeks ago we went to Phoenix after a Hancock family reunion (which I failed to take many pictures of) for Thanksgiving and picked up this beautiful cradle that my Grandpa Harold made for our little girl. We love it and are so grateful for he and my grandma who had blankets and sheets made for it. Our little girl is spoiled already! Isn't is pretty?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cradle is beautiful!!!! I love it and am so jealous!

I can't believe that snow....I remember a few years back when my friend was getting married in Snowflake. It was March and they hadn't gotten snow all winter there. Well, the night before the wedding, it started snowing and didn't stop. We had it up past our knees the morning of the wedding and many people couldn't make it b/c the roads closed. That was an adventure! AZ keeps you on your toes I guess!

Unknown said...

How come we always miss the big storms? I warned you about getting the old Jeep turned toward the road!! Next time we'll have to get pictures of those pesky foxes that turn the motion lights on all night.... SQUIRREL!

Jael said...

Woohoo! I just found your blog! Now I can lurk it, bwahahah. :) Also, that is an awesome cradle. How neat.

DawnSheree said...

Oh Meagan that is sooo pretty! I want to come over and see it. It looks perfect.

Danielle said...

I can't believe how much snow you got up there. That is just crazy and what is even crazier I think that is more snow than we have right now, but it is snowing right now...

I love the cradle! How fun for you guys!!! By the way what colors or how are you decorating for your little girl? Just curious cause I will be making something for her. Love you guys!!!