I gave work notice that I will not be returning after my leave ends in a couple of weeks. It was one of the hardest things that I have done in a long time. Dustin and I both know, after long hours of prayer and fasting, that this is the right choice for our little family. Honestly, I am scared to death. The future is pretty up in the air for us, but I cannot deny that we absolutely know that my staying home with Mikayla is the right thing for us right now. Dustin graduates in May and we are still unsure as to what our next step will be after that point.
I know that a lot of my co-workers follow our blog and I just wanted to tell you that I am grateful for you. I am grateful for a boss that was understanding of my need to be home with my family right now. I worked with some wonderful people and I am so thankful for all that you taught me and for the friendships I made. I will miss you. If you keep following our blog, please leave a comment from time to time so we can keep in touch!
Some (if not all!) of you may think I am crazy. The reasons I made this choice are many, but one of the main reasons is that I firmly believe that "Mothers are primarily responsible for the nuture of their children" whenever possible (click here for more info). Now, this is not to say that I will never return to work at some point in the future (near or far), either by choice or necessity, but at this moment in time, my job is to stay at home with this little munchkin...

We will keep you updated as we find out where we will go from here. Thank you for your love and support.
4 comments:
I am sure that was a hard decision for you guys (hard in a way, not so hard in another).
Good luck and I am sure things will work out. Blessings will come!
I applaud your decision. I agree with you 100%. My only regret is that my husband does not share the same feelings about me staying at home. Material things can never replace the quality time spent with your children. I am glad your husband and you have made a decision that you are happy with. With continued faith and prayers you will make it through anything that comes your way. I will miss you here at work, but I will continue to follow your blog. I love looking at your beautiful pictures or your beautiful daughter! Maybe sometime we could get together and take pictures together! <3 Take care!!!
Big decisions and big changes for your family, but one that will bring so many blessings in so many ways!!! Love and miss you guys!
Meagan, I could not be more happy for you. Kudo's to Dustin for having that desire for his baby too, so you can be home. I tell a lot of people at my work when they ask how I can afford to work to little, I say, "I'd rather live a poor lifestyle than to not be a Mommy." I am excited that we get to play a little longer before we leave though. Love you guys. PS- She is so beautiful!
Post a Comment