Monday, June 27, 2011

The Scoop

So, we are in our new place and settled for the most part and LOVING it!!!  We are having so much fun playing house and unpacking all of our belongings that have been lost in boxes for a year.  It's almost like Christmas!  Almost. : )  We have have most everything unpacked, but decorating has been a little slower.  "We're working on it!"  I took some pictures yesterday to send to my brother and since people have been bugging me about when I'm going to post something I thought I'd put the pictures I sent him up on the blog.  It is by no means a finished product, but at least you can get an idea of what our house is looking like.  Sorry in advance about the terrible lighting on the house pictures.
The living room...this is the view you see when you walk into the house.
The living room view from the dining room.
This is the den/playroom that is right off of the living room.  It's kind of a terracotta color.
Dining room right off the kitchen (the door you see to the left is our bedroom).
The best kitchen EVER! 
Our bedroom...the plan is for it to be an African themed room and decorate it with stuff from Dustin's mission.
Mikayla's room is still a work in progress, but it is bright pink (the picture makes it look dark and orangey or something, but it's not) and we are going to put up a white chair rail between the pink and the stripes.  

The other bedroom is filled with books and pictures and stuff.  It's officially labeled "the boys room".  It's Dustin's hope for a masculine addition to all the pink that comes with Mikayla.

And, what's a post without this face?!


This was Dustin's quote of the century yesterday:
"Take all the feminine stereotypes and put them in one little body, douse it with a little bit of spunk and you have Mikayla.  Luckily, her Dad has a little bit of influence and gave her really bad hair and a love for dirt."

Does that imply that I gave her all the feminine stereotypes?  Just wondering.  Don't answer that question.

There you have it.  That's the update from our neck of the woods.

4 comments:

Collin&Tatum said...

I'm so happy for you guys! What a beautiful home you have. I can't wait to see everything you do with it! So far it looks like it's going to be lovely. Good luck with everything! I'm completely envious of how much fun you're having! :]

Cheryl said...

The house is looking awesome! How fun for you guys!

kkk said...

Your colors look great!! Since you have a "boys" room, you will probably end up with all girls!!

Natalie Atkinson said...

Congrats on the house. I am so happy for you guys. I love the color in the living room. It looks so good. Can't wait to see more when it is finished.