When a life altering moment in time is about to occur one must take great care in deciding what to wear.
Today was one of those days.
18 months old=NURSERY for Mikayla.
What to wear? What to wear? Yep, Mikayla, that was my first thought, too (NOT!).
She spent all morning trying to find the perfect combination.
Hat or no hat?
No hat.
How about strawberry sauce? While it was pretty and pink, Mom and Dad vetoed that idea.
Okay. Now we're getting down to business. The flower petal headband and the tiara. Do you think the blue flowers are a little much?
Me too.
Out with the flowers, out with princess skirt, out with the "shopping bag" (block bucket).
This is getting frustrating. Maybe the black eye is causing the coordination problems.
A bracelet! That's it! That was the missing piece!
But, if you have a bracelet, someone is going to look at your wrists.
And if someone looks at your wrist, chances are they'll see your hands.
And if they see your hands, they'll probably notice your nails (can you tell that If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a favorite around here these days?!)
And if they notice your nails...
They'll check to see if they're painted.
(This is the "Mom-blow on my nails like this face...she was adamant that we blow on them and she showed us how to do it. The best part is what a prima donna she looked like with both arms outstretched while Dustin blew on one hand and I blew on the other and she supervised intervening with blowing instructions as needed. If she is dressing up this much at 18 months we are in serious trouble with a super GIRLY GIRL on our hands!)
Painted nails-check.
Cute outfit?
Check.
Smile? Not so much.
Good day in nursery? Most definitely. Good thing she was so beautiful for her debut.
I sure love this girly girl who thought she rocked the world walking out of church after nursery. I guess all the cool kids go to nursery these days. :)










3 comments:
YAY for nursery!!!! How was it for you Meagan? I love her headband. Remember what I told you though. The first day is always a peice of cake. I hope the rest of the time goes good too. Nursery is definitely a monumental hurdle.
WOW...can't believe she is old enough for nursery?!?!? How was it for the parents?
Oh how I love that little girl! She brings so much joy to us all! Where has time gone?! It seems impossible that she is old enough to go to nursery! :)
Post a Comment