Friday, July 8, 2011

Redneck Swimming

As promised.
This is redneck swimming.
The trash can portion of the get up is what qualifies it as "redneck".
We (meaning Dustin and Mikayla-someone had to take pictures and that's where I came in) celebrated the 4th by going swimming.  In the holes that my Dad dug with his tractor that we're going to be putting our trees in (SO excited!).
What's a pool without a water slide?  I love how this picture makes it look a lot bigger and badder than it really was. ;)  
Dustin said one of his co-workers was wondering if Mikayla ever got dirty.  Here's your proof.  And in case you had any doubts, you could always refer back to this post.
Someday I am going to learn how to nail exposure and it's going to be AMAZING.  Someday.
And to prove that we are really more dignified once in a while (on rare occasions, of course), here's some pictures from a more refined swimming experience later in the evening.
I have to add a picture of my Dad digging our tree holes for us.  Just because it makes me so happy.  Look at all the good helpers he has!
P.S. Mikayla still hasn't woken up for the day and it's 11:05!  I've heard her a couple times so I at least know she's alive.  I'm just hoping she isn't getting the bug Dustin and I have. :(  For now...happy blogging for me!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Tooo fun! You know that is definitly a Hancock thing?!?!? They always loved to play in the mud! So glad Mikayla was having fun too and not just her dad!

DawnSheree said...

AHHHH!!! You are kidding me. That made me laugh out loud. Totally Dustin. Man he is the coolest brother/dad/uncle. I hope you got in at least once Meagan. I love the cleaner swimming shots too. Way cute.

DawnSheree said...

What?!? Toby is in the tractor basket. Didn't get that the first time. That is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Umm...... I don't think the garbage can posts were the only thing that made it "Redneck," I reuse the term in the most positive way, but there's nothing in any of those yard shots that DOESN'T screeeeeeam "Redneck."

Unknown said...

DawnSheree also missed the gigantor Diet DP, I assume? You gotta' have a system!

Cheryl said...

Ok I wanted to get in so bad when I saw this! Reminds me of the time at Debbie and Denny's in the huge pit. So fun!