I just about reach her with a diaper in hand when I told her we needed to go change her diaper. She stopped everything and did her little roll/somersault-like move (that she does at home when you say lets change your diaper) and without blinking laid on the ground right where she was. In the middle of the asphalt walking and biking path. Not only did she comply with laying down she put her legs up in the air and held them there with her hands. I laughed so hard. Maybe the story just can't be done justice without seeing it, but it was hilarious. Nothing like a diaper change in the middle of traffic. I wasn't about to argue with a kid who was ready to have her soiled britches changed so like any great mother would, I changed her diaper right there in the middle of everything...on the asphalt. While busting up laughing.
I was almost, but definitely not all the way done changing her when I hear walkers coming. I quickly sent her on her way with her pants 3/4 of the way up and one shoe missing hoping that no one would see my perfect mothering skills. I ran the diaper to the trash and hid the wipes to dispose of the evidence of what we were doing on the ground in the middle of the path (as if they really didn't know...).
The best part? After we ditched the diaper we were walking along our infamous walking path to go play on the playground and not 20 feet from where we changed her diaper there was a little rattlesnake on the path. Scary! We ditched the playground.
I laugh and joke about all these random moments, but really I am truly grateful for Mikayla. She always pulls through for us. You would think it is she is the one that needs us, but a lot of the time I am convinced it really is the other way around. She can be a little stinker a lot of the time, but she knows when we need her to be good and she is almost always up to the task. She makes us laugh at hard moments and gives us a reason to plaster a smile on our faces when a smile is the furthest thing from our minds.
3 comments:
You gotta' have a system!
What a funny little girl! I guess she really wanted to be changed!
Ummm...so the "cabin in prescott" comment was me...but I guess Derick was logged in under his email, which he used to make a blog about the cabin. Ha...just had to clarify.
Post a Comment