Monday, October 31, 2011

Another blast from the past...

I put Mikayla in another one of my old outfits and we took pictures.  Cuz that's what we do.  Dustin said it was cute in a terrible sort of way.  I don't think he fully appreciated how much I loved this outfit when I was little.
Showing off her dancing moves...Dustin taught her to dance by waving her pointer fingers up and down in the air.  She thinks she's pretty darn cool when she dances. 
And for memory's sake...this is how she folds her arms for prayers.  I had a little proud moment the other day when she and I grabbed lunch at the Sam's club food court and as soon as the guy gave us our food Mikayla followed me around while I got drinks and things with her arms folded like this...because getting food means saying a prayer for it!  I love the way she says amen, too-"MAY-MEN!"  She gets really frustrated in church, especially fast Sundays when after a gazillion "MAY-MENS" it still isn't time to go.
Note: The above pictures were taken before her nap and this one after.  Naps are terrible on hot hair dos.  You  know when she wakes up yelling "uh oh" it's because she's ripped out her hair and thrown the bow on the floor.  Maybe someday she'll catch on to the fact that "uh oh" is for accidents.

Another story for the scrapbook...the other night Mikayla went and got her Book of Mormon reader for scripture study and we asked her to read the scriptures to us.  Usually we all take turns, but this time Mikayla opened the book, jabbered for a couple of seconds (complete with lip smacking, as is usually done for important conversations), said "ah yun" (all done), slammed the book closed, and put her arms under her chin for prayers.  The whole process took maybe 20 seconds.  I guess she's catching on to the routine!

A couple of random side notes...

Mikayla's kidney ultrasound came back normal so that is a huge relief.  

10 days until Uncle Seth comes home and meets Mikayla!

It's Halloween.  That means at the Hancock house the holidays are officially here and tomorrow we can decorate for Christmas.  I cannot even believe how excited I am!  Don't worry, we'll still play the Halloween game today and fully enjoy it. ;)  Traditional Halloween pictures to come, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Hendriksen Happenings said...

What BOM reader do you use for her? I want to get one for Ty. Love all the pics, as usual!!!! You're so good!

Hendriksen Happenings said...

Will you email me what reader you use if you have time? Thanks so much! Tarajowengert@gmail.com