Mikayla woke up Halloween morning in a great debate. She couldn't decide whether she really wanted to be a witch or if instead she wanted to be this:
A housewife? Not really sure about where she was going with that one. All I know is she was sure proud of her Halloween cookies in the oven!
Mom and Dad vetoed that ensemble and went with the original plan.
Our little green witch!
She was mortified of being green. She looked in the mirror at herself and couldn't figure out who it was. It was all she could do to keep from crying. Talk about a hilarious face! In the car every time I would look back she was shaking her head "no" or saying "uh-oh" because she hated the paint. It was awesome.
Most of the time her face looked like this:
It was kind of sad because our ward didn't have a party or anything this year so we took Mikayla around to family and friend's houses instead. It didn't take her long to figure out that all she had to do was stand there and people would dump candy in her "purse". She pretty much pigged on candy.
Mikayla doesn't talk a whole lot, but she picked up "trick or treat" (at least the sing-songy part of it) pretty fast yesterday! My Dad is the proud owner of the best video of her saying it in her costume so I'll have to just post the one I have until I steal his-so look back soon! :)
Here's the one in the car from my Dad. I love how she is so proud of herself at the end where she's getting ready to start clapping away. :)
And, for comparison's sake here's me and Mikayla in the same witch costume...
I love my family!










3 comments:
We love your family too!!
I think the first costume was actually a stripper...
Very cute little girl. By the way, you look gorgeous in the picture where it's just you holding Mikayla's hand. I love stalking your blog!
Post a Comment