When we mentioned to my Dad that we'd like to get a duckling or two for Mikayla to help raise and then take to the "marm" (farm) it didn't take a lot of convincing before he was sold on the idea. We got an email the next day saying these fun little guys were on their way.
Yeah, maybe a couple more than we had in mind, but that's the way Grandad rolls!
Dustin went to the garage to grab a little light for them and Mikayla ran to her tool bench to get her light for them.
Mikayla pretty much hangs out in the laundry room next to her "babies", as she calls them, a good chunk of the day. She just gathers her junk and sets up camp next to them.
P.S. I swear she does wear pants these days. We start the day with them, but as the day wears on I guess they become optional or something.
Early morning swim with the ducks.
Random side note: Mikayla is sitting here playing by me and I just looked down and she is kneeling on the floor, arms folded and eyes closed saying a prayer. I love it. She teaches me so much. I don't know what inspired it, but she prayed for Mom, Dad and baby. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in her head that she just can't express yet. I'm positive she has so much to teach me and I can't wait for the chances that we have to learn together.










1 comment:
Lovin' this!
Post a Comment