Monday, August 6, 2012

Blessed

Maylee was blessed in church yesterday by her Dad.  It was a perfect day and we were so blessed to have many family members and friends come share it with us.  Her beautiful dress was made by my Aunt Kim and the lace on it is from my Mom's wedding dress.  It turned out better than I could have imagined and I loved the sentimental value it had.
We are sure spoiled with our family being so supportive of us.  Family is everything to us.
Grandparents and great-grandparents.
There are a lot of pictures of Maylee to come, but I figured that since it was her special day it's only fitting to show her off a little bit!
Great-grandma Kartchner
Nanny Jill
Pappy
Hancock cousins
Aunt DeeDee
Aunt DawnSheree
Great Aunt Vicki
After church we came back to our house and had brunch for everyone.  We decided to do a Belgian waffle bar and these four (Aunt Suzy, Mom, Maren, and Jake who is hiding behind Maren) were our stellar helpers and made waffles up the wazoo for everyone.
I made these little shoes for Maylee out of the fabric from her dress.  I am no seamstress, but I love little baby feet in shoes.
Dustin's mom told me at church that Maylee looked like a princess and I just had the overwhelming confirmation and reminder that it is because she truly is a princess!  These amazing spirits come straight from Heaven where they sit at the feet of the Father and King of us all.  They are children of divinity.

We are the ones who are truly blessed to have them in our lives.  Thank you, Maylee, for choosing to join our family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it all!!!! The Hancock cousins pic is priceless!!

Maren Lee said...

We are blessed to have you four in our lives as our "beacons of light!" Sure love you. MareMare and UnkJay

Duckie said...

So sweet. I'm glad things are going well. I miss you! I'm glad I can pretend to keep up with you by following your blog.