Thursday, November 1, 2012

Some things never change!

2011
2012
When asked what she thought was inside the pumpkin she said "candy".  No wonder the contents are such a shocker to her!

I feel like this has been the eternally long Halloween of the century, but it has been super fun.  We ended the celebrations with caramel apples, pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating last night.
Dustin decided to whip out the Dremel for this year's pumpkin.  Brilliant, if you ask me, the anti-pumpkin carver!
Nanny Jill and the girls
My little helper and I decided to try out caramel apples this year and I have to say even though the caramel kind of went everywhere I still think they turned out delicious!
Treak-or-Treat!  Mikayla (and her trusty pal Bear Bear-every princess needs a security blanket!) LOVED it!  I think you could hear her princess shoes clanking from a mile a way. Those poor puppies are pretty much destroyed now.
We decided Maylee had dressed up enough times and opted for the comfort route for her.  I love that here you can trick-or-treat with flip flops on and your kids in just a onesie!
The loot!
All this partying is sure hard work!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud! Awesome!

Dustin Hancock said...

She's been asking me for a week and a half what was inside the pumpkins. I really thought that this year would be different and that she'd learn to like pumpkin carving. No such luck. Maybe Maylee will help her Dad next year? :)

rmb said...

Your kiddos are too cute! Hey, for SUPER yummy caramel apples, try the Our Best Bites ones. The caramel is so delicious and super shiny. They are worth the once-a-year effort.

Robin (Vicki's friend)

Meagan said...

Robin-I don't know if get follow up emails and will get this comment, but I did try the Our Best Bites recipe and a lot of the caramel just slid right off the apples. They still tasted good, but any idea what I did wrong?!? They were a fun experiment one way or another!

Unknown said...

Mikaylaism last night. "I used to sleep upside down like a bat but no anymore."