I love Christmas. I don't know how it keeps getting better and better each year, but it sure does. This year was so much fun.
Christmas Eve morning I had doctors appointments for most of the morning. Dustin took the girls to help my Dad who was in charge of feeding the Tucson Mission breakfast. They ended up serving 300 missionaries breakfast. I got there just in time to hear the missionaries singing "Called To Serve" in English and Spanish as a thank you for the breakfast. I hope that is a memory the girls (Mikayla) will never forget.
Christmas Eve traditions at our house include Mexican food and Orange Julius' for dinner. After that the girls opened their Christmas jammies and we had them act out the nativity. We are still short on participants for the nativity so we had Mikayla the rockstar angel and Maylee as Mary. Joseph was Dustin's stuffed bear, Benjamin. Next year we will have a little boy for Joseph! Then we read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and it was off to bed for the girls! Mikayla talked my parents into coming and spending the night on Christmas Eve so they headed over late after they went to a family Christmas Eve party so they would be here when the girls woke up early.
Christmas morning was magical. Both girls were into opening presents this year and especially Mikayla would get so excited about everything. She is still saying how cool ("tool") it is that Santa knew exactly what she wanted. Maylee would have been content with just the Skittles from her stocking. She guarded her little stockpile with her life and wouldn't leave them for anything. We opened presents for a bit in the morning, then the girls played princesses for quite a while with my Mom, we ate our traditional Scottish eggs for breakfast, then later we went back to presents. I loved having it last longer! We got to talk to Uncle Dillon on his mission in Chile, then in the evening we headed over to my parents to open presents from them. It was the perfect day. I told Dustin that usually I am sad that Christmas is over, but this year it seemed like we did everything we hoped to (we tried to squeeze it all in just in case "Baby D Rodgrigo" made his appearance) and Christmas Day couldn't have been any more perfect. We are very blessed.
And, the day after...
































1 comment:
How fun! Kids make Christmas so much fun.
Your haircut is adorable!
Post a Comment