Friday, October 10, 2014

Disneyland Day 4

Four days was pushing it.  I think three would've been just fine for our kids at this age, but it was really nice to be able to hit up the rides the kids loved (Little Mermaid, Toy Story Midway Mania, and It's a Small World) again.  We also went to Mickey's Magical Map show, then went and rested at the hotel before the Soundsational Parade.  The parade was phenomenal and I'm so glad we went at night when everything was lit up.  Mikayla was giddy absolutely the whole time.  She was jumping up and down in excitement and we were having to pull her out of the street the whole time.  Totally unlike her!  It was the most excited she was about anything that week.  It made waiting forever to get a spot for the parade worth it!
Our very serious wishing well wisher.  She wanted her fairy princess dream to come true VERY badly.
Lunch break by the dog park.  Lovely.  I was alone with the kids while Dustin went on some rides and it was a shady spot with no people.  We were sold!

The kids finally got to go pick out their treasure for the trip.  Mikayla chose an Elsa doll and Maylee got a Mater that says "She likes me for my body"-pretty fitting.  Maylee was pretty smitten with Mikayla's Elsa doll and didn't know that's what was in all the boxes at the store.  Dustin ended up going back and getting Maylee an Anna doll (what did I say about them having a great Dad?!).  Daxton scored a Mater out of the deal and I cannot even believe how much the girls have played together after having "sister" dolls.  It was worth the cost!
Sleeping Beauty! (With dinner on the run)
We had to wake Sleeping Beauty to meet Snow White.  She was not happy about it, but afterward all she could talk about was Snow White's sparkly gold shoes.  Mikayla had worn her Snow White dress for two days straight and takes it off right before we go back to Disneyland and see Snow White.  Oh well.
Totally exhausted before the parade.
We did it!  We survived our first "real" family vacation and 4 days at Disneyland with 3 kids 4 and under.  We had a blast, but are so exhausted!  Thank goodness for my parent's help, otherwise there is no way we would've survived!

On the way home from the parade Mikayla told us that she thought Disneyland was THIS big (arms outstretched), but it was even bigger!  She said she dreamed and dreamed about how many people there would be, but when she got there, there were even more people and she couldn't see anything.  Then she said that Disneyland was "amazing and heavenly".  I think that pretty much sums it all up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The Wishing Well video just breaks my heart for her all over again.

Desert Dwellers said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful trip. I love all these pictures and the joy that goes with them!!

Hendriksen Happenings said...

I LOVE all your pictures!!! It looks like it was the exact trip we took just with a little more princesses and fairies! :) How fun that your parents went and you guys got date nights!! Your parents are awesome. Next time we definitely need to bring grandparents- TJ and I wished that the whole time! haha. Glad we're not the only whimps and get exhausted too!! ;)

Cheryl said...

What a fun trip! You guys are so brave...I'm exhausted at the thought of doing all of that with three littles!