Friday, March 27, 2015

Vacation Part 2

It's amazing how many things you can cram into a 3 day weekend!  In between our little adventures on Saturday and Monday we had lots of fun at Grammy and Papa's house.  The kids cuddled with their grandparents like crazy, read lots of books with the kids, walked around the lake, we did some packing, celebrated my birthday, played outside, and enjoyed every minute of being together!
I can't believe I didn't get any other pictures of them together, but Daxton just adores Papa.  He goes straight to Papa and wants picked up as soon as he sees him, then just cuddles with Papa for forever.  Daxton was fussy on the way home one evening and Papa started playing with him and he seriously laughed the whole way home with Papa (even though this picture doesn't look like it!).
Mikayla found a treasure while we were packing.  It is a wooden Christmas tree with all of Papa's Mom's jewelry on it.  It was supposed to go to Uncle Derick, but when he saw a picture of Mikayla with it he kindly gave it to her.  I honestly don't know if anyone could love this gem any more than Mikayla does.  She is SO excited about it and spends lots of time looking at it, admiring all the fanciness.  We are deciding on the perfect spot to hang it in her room.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You gotta love Grammy and Papa. Can't wait for them to move closer. These kids don't have any idea how lucky they are to have great grandparents in their lives on both sides.

Debbie said...

I agree Tim...that is the joy of being the oldest ;)
I am soooo glad Mikayla got Grananny Daisy Maggard's Christmas tree treasure. It hung on her wall every Christmas. I personally never saw any beauty in it as a child, but I have the sweet memories of her humble home with that treasure that she made. I have NO doubt Mikayla just loves it!!!!