I can't believe Mikayla started school this morning. It's so unreal! Over the past few weeks she's been nervous and excited, but mostly excited. She said last night she was "12 excited and 0 0 0 bit scared." Dustin's comment was a least we know her math skills will improve! After she met her teacher last Friday she commented that the school was like a town and she didn't know how she was going to walk that far every day! This morning when she woke up she came running in saying "I'm so excited! It's my first day of school! I can't believe it!" She was excited all morning until we walked into the classroom and reality hit. You could tell she was trying really hard not to cry and to smile instead, but it was a very forced smile. My smile was much the same! I hope her day goes great and that she loves it.
She debated back and forth about outfits, but settled on a Hello Kitty dress for the first day. We were very fortunate and a couple who both teach in our school district contacted us about providing school supplies for Mikayla. They had a daughter who passed away at birth and she would have been starting kindergarten this year. In honor of their daughter, Claire, this wonderful family bought Mikayla all her school supplies, clothes, shoes, and even accessories for her new adventures in kindergarten. This Hello Kitty dress is from Claire's grandmother.
I'm pretty sure she was more worried about having to leave Bear Bear at home than she was about missing her family!
Once in her classroom this the is the smile she tried to put on...
This is what her face really looked like...
Have a blast, Girlie! I can't wait to hear all about your day! In the mean time Daxton, Maylee and I are trying to get used to a much quieter home!











1 comment:
I remember taking her mother to the first day of Kindergarten and leaving a kid with about that same face. She'll do great. What teacher wouldn't embrace that smart little angel?
Post a Comment