Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love this guy!

Dustin has been my saving grace since Mikayla was born. I am so lucky to have him home a lot of the time right now as he is working on his thesis. We try so hard not to bug Dad when he's working, but sometimes I just need a little break and he happens to walk in and just takes her from me for a few minutes at just the right time without me even asking. He is so wonderful with Mikayla and she sure loves her Dad. She always follows his voice when he is in the room and likes to stare at his cool spikey hair. :) I love to watch him "play" with her as he makes forts for her in her bouncy swing or he will try and get her to notice the toy he has put in front of her (and later determines "okay she's still not old enough to play yet!"). I love that he loves her to be all dressed up and girly and spoils her rotten with dresses. I love watching them snuggle as she lays on his chest to take naps. I love when she gives him "kisses" on the cheek. I love when he takes her on his runs, especially when she is in a nightie and beanie (super cute!), just to spend time with her. I love that he is so excited to be a Dad. I just love HIM! Mikayla is just starting to smile and will smile at Dustin more often than anyone else and it is so neat to watch them interact with each other. I can already tell that they have a special bond and I think it will only grow stronger as she gets older. Things haven't been going super easy for Dustin lately, but he still puts Mikayla and I first and I am so grateful for him for that. I couldn't ask for a better life because of the amazing man I married. We have been so blessed because of the good life he lives. Life truly is wonderful! Love you, Dustin.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I agree Meagan, I love watching you both be parents. But Dustin has been extra fun to watch! Wonder how the teen-age years will be???