We got our trees yesterday! I'm not even going to apologize about the fact that I am going to post a gazillion pictures because we had a blast yesterday playing in the dirt and we are SO excited for our trees! Our yard was just a hot piece of dirt before and it is already so much prettier! I realize not everyone shares our excitement over a stick growing out of the ground (especially if you live where big green trees actually grow on their own), dirt and tractors, so feel free to skip this post! ;)
Waiting on the tractor for our trees to come!
My Dad was the hero of the day. We could've NEVER done it without his tractor and his handy work at maneuvering the tractor.
Dustin next to his pride and joy-his Desert Museum Palo Verde, which is his absolute favorite tree and has now taken residence as the centerpiece in our backyard.
Digging holes for the couple of extra trees Dustin added on at the last minute. :)
I put Mikayla in one of the tree holes while we were letting it soak with water and she played in it FOREVER. Over time she slowly slid deeper and deeper into the hole until she was completely swimming in the mud.
A new found love for drinking out of the hose...we introduced the hose after she was laying on her belly in the mud drinking the muddy water. We thought perhaps the hose water would be a little fresher. Maybe?
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end...
Hard working boys...
Okay, we're finally approaching the end.
To remind you what our yard looked like on the day we moved in, here's a picture of our dust bowl.
And, a picture taken this morning from pretty much the same view.
Remember Dustin's prized tree? Here it is in all its glory!
The side yard with a couple of mesquites for afternoon shade and to block whatever neighbors we have in the future.
Didn't our boys do amazing? Thank you, Dad and Dustin for a day full of hard work!
























4 comments:
Wow!!! I thought you were getting the little sticks, not full grown trees. How exciting! I think it looks soooo much better already. How many trees altogether? It looks great.
Oliver loved all of the tractor pictures. I just kept scrolling up and down about 4 times and he loved pointing out all of the tractors.
And thanks for the brown pictures so I can appreciate the humid heat wave that we are having this week!
Your house and yard are awesome!
Looks great! I remember working on our dust bowl and making things grow. I love it too!
I love the picture of Dustin with the dirty face. I think it's frame-worthy, dirty face and all.
Oh I totally get the excitement. Anyone who starts with a dust bowl understands :) It looks awesome!
Post a Comment