{Pumpkin guts that is.}
Dustin was all excited to carve a pumpkin with Mikayla since we didn't do one last year.
She was all for it through the drawing stage. She was even willing to help draw the face on with sidewalk chalk.
That's where the fun ended. Dustin pulled off the top of the pumpkin and Mikayla flipped out. Her initial reaction was the funniest disgusted face I have ever seen. I wish I had been on the other side of her to catch the face head on in the picture, but I think you can imagine the full picture from the side view.
From there it was pretty much full on screaming and bawling and begging for me to take her off the table. She was mortified by the pumpkin guts! It was so hilarious that all I could do was laugh and laugh. I am such a mean mom!
Dustin and his valiant pumpkin carving-ness pressed forward. I'm glad he loves to carve pumpkins because I am just not a fan. Neither is Mikayla apparently.
Mikayla supervised from a far distance.
Our great Dad with his handy work. Dustin made sure the jack-o-lantern was complete with flowers just for Mikayla.
Our happy flowery pumpkin. :)
P.S. If you missed it, you have to check out the pictures from our Halloween party in the last post. :)







5 comments:
That is so hilarious! I am with Mikayla....pumpkin guts are definitely disgusting! The pumpkin turned out awesome. The flowers are the perfect touch! Great job Dud! (Mikayla...you can come hang out at my house next year when your dad gets ready to carve the scary pumpkin!)
Love it love it!
So amazing! She looks hilarious!
Ha ha!! Too funny! Cute pumpkin. :)
When she gets older maybe you can get a picture like the one we have... Josh carved his pumpkin to look like it was throwing up pumpkin guts. So our picture is of Josh's gross pumpkin with him next to it, with guts in his hand to look like he had just barfed too.... :) Once again, I am a proud mom!
Post a Comment