Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Super Saturday

This past weekend was my sister Maren's birthday.  Her requests were to have coffee cake for breakfast and have Mikayla paint her nails.  We were happy to oblige.  Any excuse for cake at breakfast time is good with us!
Mikayla talked all the aunts and uncles into sitting by her on her table.  She's pretty hard to turn down when she pats the seat next to her and says "YEAH, YEAH!!!" 

I've never let Mikayla paint her own nails before and I'm pretty sure I'm doomed from here on out.  Painting our nails is never going to be the same again (she's sitting on my lap as I'm typing this looking at the pictures and pointing to her nails saying "More? More?").  Mikayla had a blast, though, and took her job very seriously.  She held each individual finger while she painted it ever so daintily.  She'd paint Maren or my Mom's nails for a bit, then take up painting her own.
The finished products!
A rhino ride with Auntie Maren and Uncle Jake was next while we put the rest of the crew to work...
Planting trees and
digging ditches!  That's right-we're putting in our irrigation system!
This is proof for Seth that his 5 month pregnant sister really did put his shovel to better work than he did (totally joking-he really worked hard!). ;)
Thank heavens, again, for my Dad's tractor to help make the digging easier.  This picture is the best I have of a bigger portion of the yard and still does not do justice to the 80 miles of ditches that are now in our yard.  This is only part of the back yard and they did the front yard, too.  Yikes.  Good thing our boys are hard workers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was still plenty-o-work even with the tractor. Glad you only have one back yard!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the pics of the greenery.

Cheryl said...

Whoa! Tons of new posts! You guys are getting so much done in your backyard! It's awesome! I am jealous of your garden...I am excited for the day when I can have one, even though I don't know much about keeping them. And I loved reading all of the fun things about Mikayla! They are so goofy at this age.

Lindsey said...

Love the nail painting fun!! That pic of Mikayla painting your Mom's and Maren's nails is priceless! If I were you I would so put that on my wall or something.