Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Here at Home

Life has been a little unexpected, a little crazy for a while now.  I'm not quite sure how to take it all in, honestly. Dustin and I were sitting outside last night talking and it just hit so hard that while things make take crazy twists and turns, life is so good right here where we're at.  At home there is much to be happy about.  I am grateful for home.  Right now I am grateful for my little family because I can look to them and know I will quickly find a reason to smile when I'm not quite sure where to go or what else to do.
Sometimes finding a reason to smile and be happy is the only way to "fix" a bad day.
And, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of days when that smile is a fake, but we fake it 'til we make it, right?  There are so many more reasons to be happy than to not...
Even if those reasons are as simple as reminding ourselves that we are just 2 (this is her hand motion for the number 2) or however old and we sure can't understand everything on our own right now.
I'm sure learning more and more every day that the only way to find answers is to look up.
And, when I turn to my Father in Heaven I've been quite surprised at how much there is that I just don't understand right now and finding out that's okay.  I'm learning a little bit at a time and some of the answers just aren't meant to be uncovered quite yet.
So, we take one day at a time (okay, maybe 2-this girl is quite the bargainer.  Everything has to be in twos with her).  We pray for guidance, understanding, patience, love, peace, hope....

And in the meantime, we trust.  We trust like a 2 year old that has no doubt what Mom and Dad tells them will really happen.  Not only do they trust, they hold on to those promises we give them like the whole world depends upon it and they don't forget it.  They trust with a pure, unfailing trust.  And so we must also trust our Father in Heaven.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Her hair is so fabulous!

Have you read The Happiness Project? If not, I highly recommend it. It's helped me rethink how happy I am now, and try to live life how I really want to instead of just in survival mode. Granted, being pregnant with a toddler pretty much meant I was in survival mode 100%. For me it got so much easier when I had the baby, especially because I knew how to help her sleep this time around. Good luck! We love you guys!

Maren Lee said...

Really needed that. Perfect words, message, and pictures :) Love you girls, who always remind me to look up.