You know the country song, right? I'm pretty sure it can be the theme song for our lives these days. Mikayla cannot go ANYWHERE, not even to get the mail from the mailbox, without taking something with her. Most days she bargains for two things because that's the way she rolls-everything's better in twos. And so, we wait. Every time we want to step foot out the door we wait as she searches for and collects her treasures of choice. She's recently discovered purses and that just makes the waiting process longer-you'd be surprised how many treasures a 2 year-old can stuff in a purse. We've had to upgrade to Mom's purses though because Mikayla's just don't hold enough stuff. The whole process is quite comical and makes me smile most of the time as I watch this unfold:
First off, the frustration of things not fitting just the way they should. Probably shouldn't make me laugh, but it does.
Then there's the distraction of playing with toys while trying to decide which things make the final cut and which will have to stay home just this once.
The begging part of the process goes something like this: she comes up to me looking super cute holding whatever she is wanting to take with her, then while looking super cute she nods her head and says "yeah, yeah?" (a lazy man's way of saying "Can I take this with me, pretty please?")
The final ensemble that makes me giggle every time. She has to hold her arm up in the air to keep the purse on. I don't know how she keeps it up for so long!
Who wouldn't want to take a cutie looking this good on errands with them?!?
Sure makes waitin' on a woman worth it!





2 comments:
Oh how it brings back memories....she is a spitting image of her mom! I love it!
She is just SO styling in every way. It puts all the rest of us to shame!! I love the last "glamour" shot. Mikayla can make ANYTHING look beautiful!
Post a Comment