We're on day 3 of potty training boot camp around here. It's gone surprisingly well if you ask me. The house is a disaster, there haven't been any real meals in a few days and we've been hanging out in jammies pretty much full time, but we've had some success on the potty-at least enough to keep me motivated-and that's what counts!
I'm pretty sure every mom has to take pictures of her kid in panties for the first time and every kid hates the pictures later on. I'm now convinced that it's a sanity thing for moms. Taking pictures of kiddo bums in undies gives you a good reason to smile during the whirlwind that is called potty training!
She kept looking for "blue" (the blue purse) and when she'd find it she'd run off to the laundry room and try to get out the garage door, telling me that she was going to "Nana home". I'm pretty sure she was thinking she could get out of potty training at Nana's house (and she'd be right!).
Each time she goes potty she runs to find her play phone, which is one of our old cell phones that we sometimes charge for her, to call someone (usually Mammy, Grandad, Nanny, Mom, or Bubba) and tell them"PEE PEE!" as loud as she can.
She also called 911 once in the process. Not good.
Notice the chocolate on her face? She gets 2 whoppin' chocolate chips when she goes potty. She loves chocolate chips and I used to give her more when she went, but she'd always ask for 2 so that's what she gets now. We're big, exciting spenders right?
Wedgies. Ugh.








3 comments:
I'm feeling a little guilty.... When I read your post I thought "Boy am I glad it's Meagan turn instead of mine!". There has to be some advantage of this getting old and wrinkled stuff...right? It's been fun to hear of potty adventures!!! Way to go Mikayla (and Meagan too...lets give credit where credit is really due!)!!! Love you all!
Man, good for you. I am still terrified at the thought of even doing it. I put Lincoln in underwear once and after he peed less than 10 minutes later, I decided to wait a while before doing it again. We haven't really had a good long period to try, either. I don't think he's quite ready. Hopefully soon. Size 6 diapers are so dang expensive.
Sounds like Mikayla is doing well! Hope it continues!
She's so stinkin cute!!!!
Post a Comment