October 17 was the groundbreaking ceremony for the Tucson Temple. Dustin was asked to sing in the choir and his parents were there because his Dad is a bishop so they got to enjoy a really cool day together. President Uchtdorf presided at the ceremony and talked a lot about the groundbreaking for the Temple being a time for us to "break ground" in our hearts and to strengthen our testimonies and become prepared to be able to enter the Temple when it opens. He also spoke about being grateful through the storms of life. The storms will come and go, but we can be have a grateful heart, which he said is the beginning of greatness. During the ceremony it rained for a bit and President Uchtdorf referred to the rain as "liquid sunshine". I loved that description because what seemed like it could be an untimely rainstorm was described as a blessing, just a blessing in a different form. So many of the events in our lives could be similarly described. We are so blessed to have a Temple coming to Tucson. I can hardly wait!
The kids and I got to watch the groundbreaking at the house (Maylee was sick the night before and I didn't want to risk being at the church by myself with a sick kiddo!). The girls thought it was awesome to watch their Dad on TV!
Mikayla drew a picture of her Dad singing and Mammy and Pappy watching him sing.







1 comment:
Love Dustin's spikey hair in her picture.
Post a Comment