Where does the time go? I cannot believe that Mikayla is two months old already! She had her two month check-up today and the doctor confirmed what we already knew...she is still tiny. Luckily, he was happy with her growth because she is on an upward trend since last month. Thank goodness, because I was SO nervous to go and find out she wasn't gaining enough.
Here are her two month stats:
9 lbs 8 oz (25%)
22 3/4 inches (50%)
Head 39 1/2 cm (75%)
The horrid part of the appointment was 3 shots! She pretty much screamed and did not forget that they were mean to her very easily. At least she got some pretty sweet band-aids out of the deal. :)
Things I love about Mikayla at 2 months:
- SMILES! What's not to love about this smile? It melts my heart every time!
- Cooing...she has started "talking" to us all the time and I just love it!
- Snuggling with Mom in bed in the mornings.
- Funny faces...they haven't disappeared yet!
- How she eats up bath time and just relaxes like a sunbathing beach babe in the tub.
- Her widow's peak. Still don't know where it came from, but I love it!
- Chicken arms...yes, that's what they are. They are SO skinny!
- Long eyelashes that are turning darker brown and are so pretty with her dark blue eyes.
- She started rubbing my arm with her hand when I hold her and I love the little "love pats".
- How alert she is...constantly taking in her world.
- Following us with her eyes and finding us in the room...nice to know she is starting to recognize us!
- Love her, love her, love her! She still lights up our lives every day!
3 comments:
All that sounds very familiar.
We went through it about 24 years ago the first time. That's what life is really all about. Unbelievably at times, it gets better by the week, month, and year. Then, eventually, if you're very very fortunate, you get to experience it again as the cycle begins anew.
God's plan and familial pattern is natural and wonderful.
We're proud of you!
Mom and Dad
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo excited when you called and told us Mikayla gained weight and all is good! We've been praying for you! But the best thing about her being tiny is you get to enjoy the new born stage a bit longer!
Love you all,
Oh my goodness, her smile is so adorable!!! She reminds me of Jacob. He was also so tiny at first, but now look at him. I so agree with Deb- enjoy how tiny she is cause it won't last too long.
Post a Comment