Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blessing Day

Mikayla was blessed in church on Sunday and it was a wonderful day, even though it was cold and rained all day long. The blessing was beautiful and Mikayla looked so pretty in her blessing dress made by her Mammy. Here are lots of pictures from the big day!
Mikayla was an angel and slept most of the day except for one little fussing episode in church. When we got to my parent's house for dinner she was absolutely zonked out. Isn't she precious?!
Here's the crew that made it to the blessing. We are so grateful to be close to lots of family and have such amazing support from them.
All of Mikayla's grandparents except for her Great Grandma Hancock and Great Great Grandma Lambson were able to be there for her.
We didn't get a chance to take many pictures of Mikayla on her blessing day so we took some of her in her dress today. She wasn't quite as cooperative today as she was on Sunday, but we did our best.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness she is just precious! What a special day with all the family there. The dress is amazing. Her Mammy did a great job. I love your new family picture.

DawnSheree said...

Oh wow, those pictures turned out awesome! I'm so glad that you got some afterwards with her eyes open. I love the little shoes. They are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

She looks so beautiful in her dress! Love it!
We are so glad that everything turned out so well. We sure wish that we could have been there.
I showed Lincoln these pics and he agrees that he has a beautiful little cousin! :-)

Maren Lee said...

I love those pictures. The shoes are SOOOOO adorable. Good job, Meagan and Dustin :)

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful!

Sarah W. said...

She is so beautiful. You're photography skills are AWESOME! I got a framed painting of the Nauvoo Temple for Christmas and I used pictures you had taken in Nauvoo to surround it on my wall. Love ya!

Maren Lee said...

I decided I like to check your blog way more than I like to study for school. If only my grades could come from loving Mikayla!!!