Monday, March 22, 2010

Hiking Hullabaloo

My siblings and I have been talking about wanting to get outside and possibly hiking. Since there was snow in the Santa Ritas, we decided to go on a hike in Madera Canyon while everyone was on spring break.
Uncle Bubba ready to roll with Colt in tow.
Mikayla all snuggled into the front pack with her mom.
Here is everyone getting ready to go.
All the babies are in their cool carriers, and we are ready to rock!

Here we are enjoying some of the cool stream water. DD's taking pictures of Deja and Josh, while Garth & Quincy (Deja and Josh's Dog) showed Steven how to really enjoy the water.

Here's Garth getting a drink...Mmm, cool snow run off. yummy!
And another great example of what avid, hard core hikers we are. Lots of breaks. :)
Beautiful hiking with the world turning green, and the snow capped peaks in the background.
What a hotty! Beautiful Meagan & Mikayla enjoying the scenery
Here's Colt enjoying the water with his Uncle Dud
Dawn Sheree with her two boys. Cute picture!
The guys enjoying the stream
Here's our little family on our first hike
And princess Mikayla all decked out for the great outdoors.
And of course Garth and Uncle Dud had to find the greatest places to play. This is a really cool old hollow sycamore tree that leans across the creek and makes a great play fort.
Beautiful clear water. What fun!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to have the name of David's wardrobe designer!..... Wait.... Come to think of it, I think I recognoze the motif!

Danielle said...

What a fun day! I love the pictures. Beautiful!

Maren Lee said...

Oh I love them!!! What an awesome family you guys have :)